We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

LI Revamp: 2H or 1H

Hey all, I didn't get a good chance to test it on the server, but with the revamp what weapons are y'all going with? 2H for Red and 1H for yellow, or 1H across the board? I'm curious to hear y'all's opinion before I commit to one on my champ. Cheers!
    ‘All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.’ – Gandalf the Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Waynard View Post
    Hey all, I didn't get a good chance to test it on the server, but with the revamp what weapons are y'all going with? 2H for Red and 1H for yellow, or 1H across the board? I'm curious to hear y'all's opinion before I commit to one on my champ. Cheers!
    I would also like to know the answer. Pretty sure on beta dual wield was a tad better. Didnt compare myself though testing everything 2h personally.

Currently two hand has an advantage in DPS.
    However , you lose offhand stats , get less fervour pips in yellow and wild attack crit chance is less likely to proc.
    This might change in Gundabad if offhands get higher item lvl , placing them closer to our main LIs.

I thought that dual wield was going to be clearly superior.
    Surprisingly, what I've seen so far, 2h consistently produces slightly higher numbers for me in both red and yellow (I tested both dual and 2h in red and yellow)
    No i ahië ya meril cenë Ambaressë ~
    Be the change you wish to see in the world

[ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDcnEhASd9U ]

Any reference trace from DPS from dummy for each?

Dual wealded in yellow i reach around 215k.
    Actually I do not have a good rotation yet and I have not yet figured out where the best spot to renew the buffs is.

800k crit
    850k pmr
    400k finesse

obvious trigger essences and NO golden traceries.

Lightbulb

Ended up Valaring my champ to 105 and making two totally equal LI's, one 1H and one 2H. Tested both yellow and red rotations and consistently saw that 2H gave about 10-20% more dps. Knowing how the stat bloat is at cap especially with the new LIs I'd reccomended 2H across the board but like it was said maybe in Gundabad at cap we won't be able to cap mastery, crit and finesse off of virtues and LIs so I guess hang onto both haha

Tldr; 2H better dps for now
    ‘All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.’ – Gandalf the Grey

Quote Originally Posted by MimDerZwerg View Post
    Any reference trace from DPS from dummy for each?

Dual wealded in yellow i reach around 215k.
    Actually I do not have a good rotation yet and I have not yet figured out where the best spot to renew the buffs is.

800k crit
    850k pmr
    400k finesse

obvious trigger essences and NO golden traceries.
    I suggest you ask around your server , friends/kinmates and join a couple of discords to get advice and ideas on that matter.
    You can defo do much better than 215k , even without very special gear. The ceiling currently seems to be 300k , but anything above 250k is good ( unbuffed with capped stats and high crit ) and yellow/red are pretty similar on a dummy.
    In reality red does more , but yellow debuffs are better so it almost balances out.
    Don't focus too much on the numbers , but on the skill count. Numbers depend a lot on crit gods , but a good skill count parse will eventually pay off.
    2h vs dual wield have different skill counts , because the numbers of attacks change depending what you have equipped. For example blade wall is 1 attack with 2h and 2 attacks with dual wield.
    I mention this because most skill count screenshots available are with dual wield , but currently most people parse with 2 hands.
    Cds are popped before starting and it's a good idea to align EoB/CB/GC/FO/heroics cds all together mid fight. You can cast more EoBs in between. Also , more fight on's if you get lucky with the reset essence.

PS. You can drop some finesse.
    Last edited by BotLike; Oct 18 2021 at 07:16 PM.

Lotrohq yellow champ is listing a 2h weapon for current end game I believe

Quote Originally Posted by BotLike View Post
    I suggest you ask around your server , friends/kinmates and join a couple of discords to get advice and ideas on that matter.
    You can defo do much better than 215k , even without very special gear. The ceiling currently seems to be 300k , but anything above 250k is good ( unbuffed with capped stats and high crit ) and yellow/red are pretty similar on a dummy.
    In reality red does more , but yellow debuffs are better so it almost balances out.
    Don't focus too much on the numbers , but on the skill count. Numbers depend a lot on crit gods , but a good skill count parse will eventually pay off.
    2h vs dual wield have different skill counts , because the numbers of attacks change depending what you have equipped. For example blade wall is 1 attack with 2h and 2 attacks with dual wield.
    I mention this because most skill count screenshots available are with dual wield , but currently most people parse with 2 hands.
    Cds are popped before starting and it's a good idea to align EoB/CB/GC/FO/heroics cds all together mid fight. You can cast more EoBs in between. Also , more fight on's if you get lucky with the reset essence.

PS. You can drop some finesse.
    Thanks for advise.
    Why you use EoB first, is it because of the endless animation?
    15s duration are almost over when all other buffs are up. Controlled Burn animation is forever, fight on also takes forever.

I guess since even dual wealded ferocious and brutal do most damage in parse, the damage increase from 2-hander would maximize single target DPS.
    But what about AoE damage? Since most AoE have an extra attack dual wealded, it should be better for AoE.

I will try 2hander to check those attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by MimDerZwerg View Post
    Thanks for advise.
    Why you use EoB first, is it because of the endless animation?
    15s duration are almost over when all other buffs are up. Controlled Burn animation is forever, fight on also takes forever.

I guess since even dual wealded ferocious and brutal do most damage in parse, the damage increase from 2-hander would maximize single target DPS.
    But what about AoE damage? Since most AoE have an extra attack dual wealded, it should be better for AoE.

I will try 2hander to check those attacks.
    I don't use EoB first , i didn't sort the skills by order of usage.
    Before fight , start with cleave -> fight on -> CB -> ( EoB - heroics - rend ).
    Mid fight i can't help you because it's situational. I believe even race makes a difference on our CD animations so that varies.

Damage numbers 2h vs 1h have been balanced out since update , just swap between 1h/2h yourself and look at the skill tooltips.

Heres a parse

Its Breeland homes
    No food, no token, no scrolls or anything (1 Hope from Breeland)
    2-hander at yellow trait tree.

Comments please.

Dummy returned:
    DPS target dummy says, 'Thou didst maintain a DPS of 243,004.75 over the last three minutes of our momentous conflict!'
    Last edited by MimDerZwerg; Oct 29 2021 at 01:58 AM. Reason: Image not displayed

Hi fellow champions,
    the Gundbad expansion is out now for some weeks. At Level 140, are 2 handed weapons still the way to go for yellow and red?

Thanks Adoin

Quote Originally Posted by Adoin View Post
    Hi fellow champions,
    the Gundbad expansion is out now for some weeks. At Level 140, are 2 handed weapons still the way to go for yellow and red?

Thanks Adoin
    Yellow definitely 2H. There is nowadays even debate if the criit buff from Wild Attack is worth 10 trait points since 2H is so strong but WA so weak with 2H.

Red actually has a tendency towards dualwield because of remorseless spam producing top results consistently.

How this will develop depends a lot on the availability of good offhands, and there is only embers offhand and crafted right now - these do not trump 2H for yellow definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyos View Post
    Yellow definitely 2H. There is nowadays even debate if the criit buff from Wild Attack is worth 10 trait points since 2H is so strong but WA so weak with 2H.

Red actually has a tendency towards dualwield because of remorseless spam producing top results consistently.

How this will develop depends a lot on the availability of good offhands, and there is only embers offhand and crafted right now - these do not trump 2H for yellow definitely.
    So I'm a 140 champ currently dual-wielding in yellow line with maxed out traceries on my 1H sword. If I was to get a 2H sword and transfer my traceries to that, would they keep their level, or would I have to repeat the whole grind again? I suspect the latter, but would be good to know before I try.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhead View Post
    So I'm a 140 champ currently dual-wielding in yellow line with maxed out traceries on my 1H sword. If I was to get a 2H sword and transfer my traceries to that, would they keep their level, or would I have to repeat the whole grind again? I suspect the latter, but would be good to know before I try.
    If you are not doing T2 and T3 instances right now then you can also stay dual wield, they are very close with 2H being better. To answer your question, it is the slots of traceries that are levelled, not the traceries themselves, so a new 2H would need to have traceries levelled again. There is a trick: any min character level 131 tracery starts out at 450 at sets the slot to that as well. So a brand new 2H, just put in any kind of 131 tracery (from instances or barter the yellow 131 ones for little script) and the slots will be levelled to 450, saving you a ton of runes. Then overwrite those throwaway traceries with the proper ones and apply runes from 450 to 470. If the traceries are all purple they give 40 each so 12 of them only give 480 scripts while a tracery removal scroll costs 500. Only if you have some redundant blue ones in there it is worth it to remove.

For farming runes, the dailies in Gundabad are best, if you do both battles often while having sapphires/diamonds/gold nuggets quest and you can push the traceries very quickly. It also makes sense to stack up on purple runes since new reforges are coming, probably up to 499.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyos View Post
    There is a trick: any min character level 131 tracery starts out at 450 at sets the slot to that as well. So a brand new 2H, just put in any kind of 131 tracery (from instances or barter the yellow 131 ones for little script) and the slots will be levelled to 450, saving you a ton of runes. Then overwrite those throwaway traceries with the proper ones and apply runes from 450 to 470. If the traceries are all purple they give 40 each so 12 of them only give 480 scripts while a tracery removal scroll costs 500. Only if you have some redundant blue ones in there it is worth it to remove.
    Thanks for this tip, Hyos. Saved me a ton of work!