We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

I know that this is OLD news

Twitter is ****.
    Why?
    They are requiring you to create an account to view tweets. I do know if it a timed function or a number of pages.

I will not sign in or up just to view!

That is unfortunate since I try to limit me exposure to all social media platforms.
    This is because all platforms will try to monetize MY information.
    The only way reasonably limit my exposure.
    Last edited by Ainworth; Jul 20 2022 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Additional comment

I've found if you click log in and then x out of the login screen you can continue reading replies, etc.

I use the free uBlock Origin extension on Firefox and added a custom filter that I found online to block that twitter log-in popup. This is on Windows 10. I don't get the popup at all and I browse twitter a lot. (I don't have a Twitter account, just have pages I'm interested in bookmarked).

I haven't been able to find anything equivalent that works on apple platforms tho.
    “All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Don't have to offer up your First Born still though.

Was chatting with my brother on the phone yesterday while he was bay-sitting his 21 month old Grand-daughter. She had spent the day carrying around a toy phone and "pressing" buttons that weren't there and talking away to no one. Now, is it up to me to have a word with my nephew?

maartena is offline The Wise
    Drinks Coffee All Day
    I recently cancelled all my social media account except Facebook as that is how I keep in touch with a number of family members. But I closed my TikTok, Twitter, Instagram, basically anything but Facebook is now completely closed/deleted.

That said: I can still look at Twitter posts in my web browser including those from Lotro. I deleted the app from my phone, so that might work differently.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Is it that off-topic when you are searching for some Lotro info during the maintenance downtime? Twitter being the only thing that didn't require a log in.