We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
    istvana is offline Legendary forums 1st poster

Cost-effective purchase of virtues

Over the years I have built up extra LP - through subscribing or being tempted beyond my will to resist by double bonus point sales. Dying and leaving it to my spouse or daughter strikes me as an imperfectly good way to use it.

One thing I have a use for is virtue especially since the trait point change reduced the incentive to grind deeds.

The current sale on Valars is only 20% but after so long with no sales I took a look. If one has a character in the 50-104 range or can get one there by Thursday one can get the 50-105 Valar. If my math is good - and I took my shoes off to calculate <flex> - this is 2,796 points for 650,000 virtue (5 extraordinary and 15 greater). I am tempted. Does anyone know of a better way to get virtue using LOTRO points directly or through Mithril Coins?

Yes I know grinding is cheaper I am doing that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by istvana View Post
    Over the years I have built up extra LP - through subscribing or being tempted beyond my will to resist by double bonus point sales. Dying and leaving it to my spouse or daughter strikes me as an imperfectly good way to use it.

One thing I have a use for is virtue especially since the trait point change reduced the incentive to grind deeds.

The current sale on Valars is only 20% but after so long with no sales I took a look. If one has a character in the 50-104 range or can get one there by Thursday one can get the 50-105 Valar. If my math is good - and I took my shoes off to calculate <flex> - this is 2,796 points for 650,000 virtue (5 extraordinary and 15 greater). I am tempted. Does anyone know of a better way to get virtue using LOTRO points directly or through Mithril Coins?

Don't forget what we will have 10% virtue boost in may, august and 20% virtue boost in december. Don't use them right away, wait until event

I think time-wise the valar is kind of a no-brainer. It takes a long time to get some of those deeds done, even at 140. You don't even need a character, buy the valar and any toon on the account can open the boxes, iirc. You get vxp tokens. I think they are shareable.

Excellent advice Elmagor and something I had remembered. Though I am likely to use the boost on Shadowfax which has a permanent bonus just as it does for xp. I am creating a new family there to take advantage of easy leveling and low levels of lag.

As many have done over the years I won't be using the level-skip feature just getting the Valar for the extras.

"I think time-wise the valar is kind of a no-brainer. It takes a long time to get some of those deeds done, even at 140. You don't even need a character, buy the valar and any toon on the account can open the boxes, iirc. You get vxp tokens. I think they are shareable."

You need a character 50-104 to buy the 50-105 Valar in the store. Once bought it can go into shared storage for any other character on the same server. Once opened (and the character opening it may need to be in the same level range) most of the extras used to be able to also go into shared storage I don't know if that is still true.

Quote Originally Posted by Bothketbog View Post
    I think time-wise the valar is kind of a no-brainer. It takes a long time to get some of those deeds done, even at 140. You don't even need a character, buy the valar and any toon on the account can open the boxes, iirc. You get vxp tokens. I think they are shareable.
    I've bought more than one Valor for this purpose. For me, it was worth it.
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."

"I think time-wise the valar is kind of a no-brainer. It takes a long time to get some of those deeds done, even at 140. You don't even need a character, buy the valar and any toon on the account can open the boxes, iirc. You get vxp tokens. I think they are shareable."

You need a character 50-104 to buy the 50-105 Valar in the store. Once bought it can go into shared storage for any other character on the same server. Once opened (and the character opening it may need to be in the same level range) most of the extras used to be able to also go into shared storage I don't know if that is still true.
    The VXP boosters are still shareable.

Thank you for the VXP confirmation.

Over the years I bought more than one Valar when the sale was good - for the trait points more than the virtues and the virtues more than the level-skip.

Now that we get no trait point benefit I was not so sure they were worth the cost but when I did some looking into it I decided that the much lower price 50-105 was. It gives the same virtues as some of the far more expensive ones and much more than the 50-95 which just gives four virtue levels.

Obviously if I wanted to go straight from very low level to 120 or 130 or 140 and get better gear as well I would feel otherwise.

I wish they would just offer the vxp tomes in the store. I don't need and don't want to pay for all the other stuff at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by CasualActual View Post
    I wish they would just offer the vxp tomes in the store. I don't need and don't want to pay for all the other stuff at the moment.
    They offer +2K Virtue Acceleration tomes