We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Barter for purple Enhancement Runes?

I'm wondering if other players are having trouble farming their purple enhancement runes in a timely manner. I have 13 toons so it's taking forever. I feel like we should be able to barter for them using some currency, script/embers/delving writs? Does anyone else agree?

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeBaggy View Post
    I'm wondering if other players are having trouble farming their purple enhancement runes in a timely manner. I have 13 toons so it's taking forever. I feel like we should be able to barter for them using some currency, script/embers/delving writs? Does anyone else agree?
    Reward track and Forge/Lofts give me tons of runes. I am not supporting 13 toons, only about half that many.

Color me confused. My only problem getting enhancement runes is getting enough AS to buy the ones I didn't already have.
    Or are you talking about a cap level char? I haven't tried to set up one of those yet, but I think I remember noticing the
    barter NPC not having any that do the last few levels of enhancement.

Yup, all but the final LI Range can be bartered for in the archive. I imagine this will change as we go to a new cap and a new "range".

Given it's a two year cycle I figured to make what gains I could playing and save the 4X Purple Enhancement boxes until I saw what I got from other means. With 6 chars it took about a year without chasing all I could. So ask yourself if you are inline to complete your 13 toons' needs by November? Some math(s) might be useful.

I'm only going to bring another char up to 140 after the mains have moved on to 150 so more important I provide for those mains at the end of the year. With 13 chars you probably need 30 mule characters though...

I thought the 131 purples were not there at the release of Gundabad because the LI cap was 480 first, or even less, I don't remember. The point is, purples were cap and SSG didn't want us to max the LI right away.

So, thinking logically - when we got the cap raised to teal runes, purples will get added to the barter? It didn't happen, though. So I'm stuck with a ton of script I can't use on anything and severely lacking of purple runes, because dailies bore me to llving hell and therefore out of my to-do-list.
    (One 140 character, I think, maxed the LI slots, maybe not all of them but those with mastery/crit. The other two are lacking. Not that I desperately need it, of course...)

Is it an oversight for the part of SSG, or working as intended? If latter, there's something wrong with the concept. If they want to slow us down at the beginning, all right. But it should be possible to get stuff with the currency specifically intended for it, and not to force you into a mindless activity you dislike. I'm also getting a feeling of wasted effort - I won't ever need to barter for purple runes at lower levels, as eventually I'll need only to reforge (and what does it matter if I have to press 4 and not 3 buttons to kill a mob?) And if the 131 runes appear when the LI cap raises to 499, I'd probably think "too late". Wait out for 141, and the LI problem will swiftly resolve itself, and in the meanwhile, the game is huge.
    Keeping up with the latest gear matters in high-tier instances, which I don't do. But it's - in the most general sense - wrong to NOT give players what they want.

Bad idea.
    If they gi ti vendor, drop rate will be lowered for sure.
    RT is good enough source. OR alt farm gundabad daily q + HH t1

The periodic addition to the item level handled maxing them out. It didn't stop some from the rush to spend MC to get slots to 499 though (briefly).

We were told to expect a gradual advance over the two year cycle but peeps seem to forget that. We could see where it was going and what our needs would be every couple of months - if you were to look at where you were at. Our only choice, to knuckle down to what SSG had for us or think we were free to do our own thing instead. Can't come back 17 months later to say you took the latter path.

Made it much easier than have us immediately need to advance slots to 499 on day one and be either daunted or spend MC rashly. Is wasn't like SSG knew how it was going to turn out or they might have presented it from the viewpoint of someone who knew how it all worked over those just guessing and without much clue of LI building from it's prior incarnations let alone something new. We can speculate as to whether they knew of the pitfalls many fell for. Likely many still don't know, just pretending to have got it and just reliant on re-forges for advancement, which is all you need for all but end game. Twinked stoners are nice though, makes mains with all the gear and whistles look sedentary

I find getting runes from level 75 onward terrible grind and too costly for some in Rivendale. They changed to this li system to make it not as much grind when in fact sometimes I think it is worse with farming scrips and buying runes cause not enough in quests. They should have mobs drop runes for LI at a low percentage or lower costs for them.